The procurement process is known to be one of the most critical functions in every business as it supplies the necessary inputs in order to deliver its value to the customers. From the company’s expenses perspective, procurement function appears to be among the top cost accounts of the organisation battling with cost of payroll. These facts significantly show that the procurement process is a key area for auditors and management’s desire to unlock its value for their organization.
To reach out this value, Clariden Global’s latest program on Optimize Effectiveness and Efficiency of your Procurement Function through Sustainable Procurement Audit Process, led by Ted who was listed as Worldwide Who’s Who for Procurement Excellence in 2012 and whohas created billions of dollars savings for many different companies, projects, products, and services, you will be guided to drive a proactive audit, compliance, and regulation instead of being reactive in order to increase the effectiveness and efficiencies of your procurement process.
This program will assist you to develop, establish and utilize internal organizational services and external audit to your organization benefit. Besides that, you will also able to leverage your organization’s cost avoidance, reduced cost, soft cost with sustainable measures through audit and assessment best practice and adherence to compliance and regulations. In addition, you will be able to assess your procurement cycle and magnify your bottom line with less staff as well as be more effective with time and resources.
At the end of the 2-day program, you will be able to quantify your audit and assessment processes, best practices and systems to your organization and create improved communications to you, your organization and your stakeholders in order to stay ahead as the center piece for long term success.
Day 1|29 May 2017
Session 1 – Create Improved Communication between Procurement and Finance (Shared Services)
• Assessing staff, folders, files, policies, procedures, questions, etc.
• How to increase greater self-governed compliance
Session 2 – Comprehensive Insights of Procurement Exhibits
• Clauses (A)
• Definitions (B)
• Dollar Thresholds (C)
• Questions Form Checklist (D)
• Purchasing File Review Checklist (E)
• Explanation Directions for Exhibit E (F)
• Procurement Review Guide (G)
• Assessment Report (H)
• Requisition Checklist (I)
• Purchase File Checklist (J)
• Vendor Questionnaire (K)
Session 3 – Review Procurement, Property, and Finance Files
• Exercise: Sound Procurement File Folder
• What Makes a Good File
o Assess Company Files and Provide Feedback
o What is right and wrong with each file?
o What are some ideas to improve the files, procurement, and the system?
Session 4 – Determine Effective Audit Tools in Assessing Procurement Function
• Findings Recommendations Generic
• Template PO BPA Contract File Log
• Assessment Complete Guide Tool
• PR PO Contract Checklist
o Procurement files assessment
o Assess with accuracy utilizing tools and system
o What type of questions should you ask during your assessment?
o Who should you interact with and interview?
o What should you be looking for?
Day 2|30 May 2017
Session 5 – Improve Your Bottom Line Numbers through Practical Internal Purchasing Procedures
• BPA Terms and Conditions Template
• Meeting Comparison RFP
• Procurement Specialist Skillset
• RFP Bid Matrix RFP
• RFP Bid Price Analysis Summary
• RFP Detail and Comparison Form RFP
• Supplier Comparison Form List RFP
• Supplier Comparison List RFP
• Sole Single Source Form
Session 6 – Benchmark and Implement Effective External Purchasing Procedures
• Client Credit Application
• Employee versus Outsourcing Offshoring Cost
• Policies and Procedures RFP
• Purchasing Policy
• Reference Data Sheet
• RFP Detailed
• RFP Supplier Data Sheet
• RFP Supplier Outline and Expectations RFP
• Signature Affidavit
• Supplier Item RFP List
• Supplier Purchasing Procedures
• Supplier Questionnaire
• Third Party Approval Letter
• Bid Tender Supplier First Email
• Bid Tender Supplier Second Email
Session 7 – Review Your Procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Exercise: Procurement Standard Operating Procedure
• Work Groups
• Editing and input
• Department and Inter-Departmental Impacts Efficiencies
Session 8 - Team Building and Communication
• Exercise: Procurement Influences
• Review challenges for all departments
• Discuss cause and affect between departments
• Brain storm solutions and ideas