10 Reasons To Join This Forum
- Receive Latest Updates On Incentives, Tax Benefits, Government Policies On Circular Economy Adoption, Innovations And Corporate Social Responsibilities On Climate Action
- Gain Insights From Recycling Industry Leaders On The Latest Trends, Technological Developments, Strategies And Policies Which Are Shaping Asia Pacific’s Circular Economy Industry
- Learn From Best Practices And Case Studies Of Organizations That Have Successfully Started On The Circular Economy Journey
- Understand The Operational And Strategic Considerations Needed Before Jumping On The Circular Economy Bandwagon
- Connect With An Influential Community Of Circular Economy Professionals, Suppliers/Service Providers, Government Bodies And Special Interest Groups To Do Business And Build A More Sustainable Future Together
- Discover An Exciting Showcase Of Innovative Products And Sustainable Solutions To Collect, Process And Recycle Waste
- Re-purpose Waste Through Innovative Product Design, Resource Utilization, Waste Transformations Into Renewed Products
- Align Your Organization In Transitioning Into The New Business Infrastructure And Circular Economy
- Join The Forerunners In The Digital Circular Economy, Structure Your Corporate Goals Towards The 3 Cs In Waste Data: Clarity, Consistency, Connectivity
- Enjoy Unrivalled Networking Opportunities To Share Best Practices, Form Profitable Partnerships, Meet New Customers And Peers In The New Circular Economy
Hot Topics To Be Discussed
How Coca Cola Is Fighting Against Single Use Plastics?
How Global Fashion Leader H&M Is Leading Sustainability In Manufacturing?
Who Are The Game Changing Leaders In Circular Economy?
How DSM Innovates With Sustainability? Manufacturing Surfboards From Discarded Fishing Nets
The UN 2030 Agenda For Sustainable Development
How Sime Darby Makes Profitability Possible With Sustainability?
How Construction Giant Lendlease Is Pioneering Sustainability In The Construction Industry?
What Are the Best Practices In Sustainability Reporting & Disclosure?
How DyeCoo Is Leading The Charge In Delivering Sustainability To Toxic Textile Manufacturing?
How Companies Are Ending The World’s Toxic E-Waste Problem?
From Trash To Cash: How Companies Innovates With Circular Business Design
How Neste Is Cutting Harmful Carbon Emission With Alternative Energy?
Post-forum Sustainability Innovations Site Visits
Post-forum Sustainability Innovations Site Visits: Thursday, 6 February 2020
Site Visit A – Visit To Neste’s Renewable Biofuel Facility To Observe How Renewable Energy/Fuels Can Be Commercialized Profitably And At The Same Time, Achieve Circular Economy Objectives
Climate change is a global challenge that concerns all of us. In this site tour, you will have a chance to witness how Neste tackles climate change by producing renewable diesel with lower Greenhouse Gas emissions. Our renewable diesel are mostly refined from waste and residues, such as used cooking oil and waste animal fat. Neste is the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel, and is the world 3rd most sustainable company on the global 100 list. Its Singapore refinery is one of the three refineries Neste has established that produces only renewable products. At the end of 2018, Neste decided to invest over 2 billion Singapore dollars to expand the overall capacity in Singapore by up to 1.3 million tons per annum, bringing the total Neste renewable product capacity close to 4.5 million tons annually in 2022. The production capacity of the refinery is 1 million tons per year. The location of the Neste refinery is excellent, as the Singapore city-state is a very central location from the point of view of product and feedstock flows. Singapore is the world’s third-largest center of oil refining.
Site Visit B: Food Waste Management & Trigeneration Plant
Food makes up 22% of discarded municipal solid waste. The single largest source of GHG, it causes 8% of emissions. 5% is retail expiration date waste. Food waste reduction solutions are now available for food retailed, unleashing dynamic pricing’s power, based on expiry dates. They offer mark-down optimization and with this can achieve a 60% reduction in food waste, the opportunity to boost top line revenues by 6% and raise actionable consumer waste awareness.
Embracing care at the heart of their business, Grand Hyatt Singapore is committed to protecting the planet for future generations by adopting a holistic approach towards sustainability and pioneering sustainable initiatives across multiple touchpoints in the hotel.
A journey that started in the early 2011 with the installation of the Trigeneration Plant, the hotel has since achieved waste and water reduction, better utilization of resources and energy, and providing guests with greater value through sustainable dining and wellness.
The hotel will continue to embed sustainability in our strategy by exploring more opportunities in Food Sourcing, Food Waste Management, Energy and Water, and Hotel Operations, as we build a culture of Environmental Stewardship for 2020 and beyond.