About The Forum
Climate change is now affecting every country on every continent. It is disrupting national economies and affecting lives, costing people, communities and countries dearly today and even more tomorrow. Climate change and sustainability and its environmental, social and economic impact continue to rise up the agendas of governments and organizations around the world.
The UN Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges, humanity face, including those related to climate action, environmental degradation, prosperity, poverty alleviation, affordable and clean energy. Many global companies are using these as framework to guide their sustainability strategies. Today’s global waste and recycling industries are valued at USD265.65 billion.
In recent years, the concept of “circular economy” has taken a huge following. A circular economy is an alternative to a traditional linear economy in which resources in use are kept for as long as possible, extracting the maximum value from them whilst in use, then recovering and reusing products and materials.
The focus of the circular economy extends beyond issues related to material management and covers other aspects, including energy efficiency and conservation, land management, soil protection and water.
Understanding your need to stay ahead of the technology curve and prepare your organization for successful transformation, transition and implementation, Clariden Global cordially invites you to the APAC SUSTAINABILITY DEVELOPMENT AND CIRCULAR ECONOMY INNOVATIONS FORUM this coming 4-6 February 2020 in Singapore.
Throughout the 2 days of thought leadership content-filled event, there will be plenty of opportunities for networking and experience sharing. You can maximize your forum experience by attending the keynote sessions, panel discussions, interactive roundtables and site visits providing actionable takeaways to bring back to the office. You will also acquire insights, solutions and strategies that governments and organizations across the globe that have successfully implemented circular economy innovations.
This forum will also be held concurrently on the same dates and venue with Green Financing And Impact Investment Global Forum. You are invited to attend both forums to gain insights on how business leaders are championing their sustainability goals in their business visions.
5 Reasons Why You Should Join The Forum
5 Key Takeaways From Attending The Forum
- Learn from the best practices and exemplar case studies of top Global 100 corporations and leading Asian Pacific companies that have successfully implemented circular economy innovations
- Redesign your corporation and products to repurpose waste through innovative product design, resource utilization, waste transformations into renewed products
- Enjoy unrivalled networking opportunities to share best practices, form profitable partnerships, meet new customers and peers in the new circular economy
- Meet pioneers in the Circular Economy and benefit from one of the very few conferences in the Asia Pacific region and those from the Middle East, Africa & Oceania regions, dedicated to commercializing opportunities arising from the Circular Economy
- Discover how Tech Disruptors are Leading Circular Economy and Zero Waste Innovations
The Forum At A Glance
MAIN FORUM DAY 1: TUESDAY, 4 FEBRUARY 2020
- Keynote Session: The UN 2030 Agenda For Sustainable Development – Transforming Our World With Sustainable Impact And Innovations
- Case Study: How A Global Leader In Biofuels Lead In The Circular Economy
- Case Study: How A Global Leader In Oil & Gas Drive New Energy Developments And Sustainability Programs
- Why A World Without Waste Is Possible According To Coca-Cola
- Robotics In Environmental Management
- Flood Control In The Wake Of Rising Sea Levels
MAIN FORUM DAY 2: THURSDAY, 5 FEBRUARY 2020
- Circular Economy Innovations – Deploying Materials And Digital Technologies Sustainably
- Closing The Loop On e-Waste – Case Studies On Lithium Ion Batteries And PCBs
- Case Study: How A Global Real Estate Developer Adopt Innovative Food Waste Management Through The Built Environment
- From Trash To Cash: Sustainability Challenges In Resource Recovery
- Government Grants And Incentives For Driving Asia’s Commitment To Sustainable Practices And Innovations In The Circular Economy
POST-FORUM SITE VISITS: FRIDAY, 6 FEBRUARY 2020
- Site Visits To Circular Economy Projects And Environmental Sustainable Facilities Including:
- Neste’s Bio-refinery In Tuas, Singapore
- Food Waste Management & Trigeneration Plant
- How Coca Cola Is Fighting Against Single Use Plastics?
- How Global Fashion Leader H&M Is Leading Sustainability In Manufacturing?
- Who Are The Game Changing Leaders In Circular Economy?
- How DSM Innovates With Sustainability? Manufacturing Surfboards From Discarded Fishing Nets
- The UN 2030 Agenda For Sustainable Development
- How Sime Darby Makes Profitability Possible With Sustainability?
- How Construction Giant Lendlease Is Pioneering Sustainability In The Construction Industry?
- What Are the Best Practices In Sustainability Reporting & Disclosure?
- How DyeCoo Is Leading The Charge In Delivering Sustainability To Toxic Textile Manufacturing?
- How Companies Are Ending The World’s Toxic E-Waste Problem?
- From Trash To Cash: How Companies Innovates With Circular Business Design
- How Neste Is Cutting Harmful Carbon Emission With Alternative Energy?
Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel
Director Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability (ASEAN)
The Coca-Cola Company
Vice President Commercial Asia Pacific
DSM Engineering Plastics
Waterways Watch Society
Chair, Circular Economy Taskforce
National University Singapore
Global Director, Creating Shared Value
Director, Corporate Responsibility
Research Director, CEA/Co-Director
Singapore CEA Alliance for Research in Circular Economy (SCARCE)
Chief Sustainability Officer
Sime Darby Plantation
Head of Marketing
Westcom Solutions Pte Ltd
The Foodbank Singapore
UNDP Global Centre for Technology, Innovation and Sustainable Development