About the Conference
With the invasion of technology, tertiary sector is witnessing its own transformation. Blended learning, the combination of traditional face-to-face teaching methodologies and online learning, has emerged as the new Holy Grail among educators. The method has been repeatedly shown to improve students’ motivation and engagement, and ultimately, produce higher academic outcomes.
In recent years, the race to adopt blended learning has been intensified as more and more elite universities around the world start to integrate and expand the use of digital teaching in their academic offerings. While the pressure to improve teaching qualities with digital pedagogies is substantial, there has been an agonizing lack of empirical evidence on which blended learning model is the most effective.
To help you stay ahead of education trends and maintain your competitive edge in both local and international education market, Clariden Global welcome you to the 2nd NEW ZEALAND DIGITAL CAMPUS AND LEARNING TRANSFORMATION FROM K-6 to HIGHER EDUCATION: Immersive AR/VR, Blended Learning Innovations, and Next Generation Learning Spaces Conference in Auckland, this 25th – 27th March 2019.
With a respectable line-up of speakers from reputable local and international institutions, this conference will provide educators with essential strategic and technical knowledge to facilitate your digital transformation. You will understand the requirements for learning facilities to cater to the needs of your students, learn to address challenges in professional training for academic staff, explore evidence-based blended pedagogies, and utilize new technologies to create a truly student-centric learning experience. The conference will bring forward case studies from institutions across New Zealand, as well as from other parts of the world, allowing you to gain insights into best practices and bench mark your institution’s progress against industry leaders.
Do not miss out this opportunity to lead the academic revolution at your institution! We look forward to welcoming you to this eye-opening event.
Why You Must Join Us At This Conference
5 GROUNDBREAKING STRATEGIES TO DESIGN EFFECTIVE BLENDED LEARNING PROGRAMS
- Learn from best practices and case studies of institutions that have successfully embarked on the digital transformation
- Utilize learning analytics to understand and raise students’ learning outcomes
- Establish appropriate training to academic staff to spearhead the digital switch
- Understand how to design and improve students’ learning experience
- Leverage on latest technologies and innovations to create student-centric learning experience
The Conference At A Glance
DAY 1: TUESDAY, 26 MARCH 2019
- Google Keynote: How Google Expeditions and Chromebook Are Pioneering 21st Century Personalized and Immersive Learning
- VR/AR As New Immersive Learning Tools: How AR/VR is Changing the Way Students Learn, Experience and Engage
- UNSW Case Study: How UNSW Personalizes Learning with Immersive AR/VR, Active Learning Spaces and Digital Student Engagement
- Why Adaptive Learning Will Maximize Knowledge Retention and Drive Individual Student Learning Progress Better
- How to Prepare Your School for Next Generation Infrastructure Now: AR/VR, Adaptive Learning and Blended Learning
DAY 2: WEDNESDAY, 27 MARCH 2019
- How Gamifications Drive Better Learning Experience and Higher Levels of Student Engagement
- Next Generation Makerspace in Schools: Modern Learning Spaces that Encourage Mobility, Collaboration and New ways of Learning
- How James Cook Adopt Immersive Virtual/Augmented Reality and Blended Learning into its Curriculum Design
- Interactive Hot Seat Roundtable
- Preparing Educators for Blended Pedagogies: Pedagogical Innovations at University of Auckland
Unique To This Year's Event
DIGITAL CAMPUS AND CLASSROOMS OF THE FUTURE SITE TOURS
25 MARCH 2019 | MONDAY
SITE TOUR A: DIGITAL CAMPUS SITE TOUR ON IMMERSIVE LEARNING WITH DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES
In this conference, you will also have the chance to visit and experience next generation’s classrooms and learning facilities at leading Auckland University of Technology, Ormiston Junior College, and University of Auckland.
From immersive virtual reality learning labs to next generation learning spaces, this site visit will show you how schools are re-designing future classrooms and utilizing new digital technologies including Virtual Reality, 3D Printing, Robotics, Apps, BYOD and Gamification to create a truly student-centric learning experience.
SITE TOUR B: BLENDED LEARNING INNOVATIONS SITE TOUR
With technological advances made over the last two decades, students are no longer limited to learning in traditional classroom environments. In this pre-conference site tour, you will discover how high tech digital campuses such as Auckland University of Technology, Ormiston Junior College, and University of Aucklandare combining the institution’s next generation learning management system with learning analytics to improve blended learning delivery and drive student engagement, retention and creativity.
SITE TOUR C: NEXT GENERATION LEARNING SPACES AND DIGITAL CAMPUS SITE TOUR
In this pre-conference site tour, you will discover how high tech digital campuses such as Auckland University of Technology, Ormiston Junior College, and University of Auckland are improvising learning spaces and building smart learning spaces to improve students’ engagement and creativity. You will also see how pedagogy and technology are aligned with the spaces effectively and understand how to apply spaces design, furniture, lighting and technologies innovatively to enrich learning experiences.
Accredited Professional Learning and Development Facilitator for Education
The University of Auckland
Auckland University of Technology
Head of School Nursing - Palmerston North
Universal College of Learning
Principal Academic Staff member in the Centre for Business
Albany Junior High School
Co-Founder and Mission Director
Mission Ready HQ
Haeata Campus Community
Rangiora High School
Executive Director, School Strategy
Deputy Executive Director, Campus Development
Asociate Professor and Director of Postgraduate studies
University of Canterbury
University of New South Wales
National Postgraduate Director
The Mind Lab by Unitec
Head, Learning Environments and Innovation
James Cook University
Director/ Lecturer - Bio Design Lab
Auckland University of Technology
Centre Director for Information Technology
Director - Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The University of Auckland
Director, Learning and Teaching
Ormiston Junior College