About The Forum
“Build-to-rent” typically involves a large-scale residential property that has been specifically designed, built, and managed as a single asset for long-term ownership and rental. “Build-to-rent” developments seek returns from long-term rental income, rather than up-front sales or capital growth, driving an increased focus on tenant experience and satisfaction. The model targets the growing renter market seeking secure long-term rentals with increased amenity.
As Australia continues to urbanize and inner-city land values increase, owning a house can suddenly become a more distant dream for many. Confronted with this reality, there is a new generation prepared to rent for longer to continue to access the lifestyle, location, and amenity-rich environment that they are attracted to, and that build-to-rent can provide.
Australia’s emerging build-to-rent sector is growing rapidly, with 40 projects that estimated 15,000 units worth over $10 million are currently in the pipeline, growing a massive 68% over 2020. Institutional investors too are hungry to invest in Build to Rent opportunities. With zero interest rates, Build to Rent offers income stability through economic and market downturns, potential portfolio diversification benefits, and enhanced risk-adjusted returns against other core sectors.
To help you kick-start your journey to discover how leading companies are taking point on the affordable housing solution offered by Build to Rent, I would like to invite you to the ANZ Build To Rent Forum 2021 taking place in Melbourne, Australia on 6 – 8 October 2021. Join a stellar gathering of industry experts to discover unparalleled insights on how a growing frontline of architects and developers are addressing the challenge with progressive housing models that offer new avenues for entering the housing market.
Why You Must Join Us At This Forum
6 Powerful Reasons You Must Attend ANZ Build To Rent Forum:
- Join an exclusive gathering of architecture, construction, real estate and other professionals for meaningful conversations around maximizing the potential of the rising Build-To-Rent trend
- Acquire actionable insights, proven solutions and effective strategies to begin planning, financing and developing Build-To-Rent
- Discover new ways for the various housing development and management sectors to collaborate in the pursuit of solving affordable housing shortages
- Network and forge valuable partnerships with leaders and innovators at the forefront of the Build-To-Rent movement
- Learn more about how Build-To-Rent drives urban renewal and helps develop more resilient communities
- See how Build-To-Rent early adopters and leaders have successfully mitigated risks and calibrated affordable housing needs
The Forum At A Glance
MAIN FORUM DAY 1: 6 OCTOBER 2021
- Australia’s First Pioneer Build-to-rent Project For Integrated Social And Affordable Housing: Redfern Communities Case Study
- Innovative Build-to-rent-to-buy Model: Why Assemble’s Model Could Be A Game Changer
- Interactive Roundtable Discussion: Planning, Developing And Financing BTR Projects
- Lesson Learnt From UK On How To Make BTR Work
- Panel Discussion: Where Are The New Opportunities For BTR Development In Australia And New Zealand?
- BTR Investment And Financing Considerations: Valuing A BTR Project
MAIN FORUM DAY 2: 7 OCTOBER 2021
- BTR Successful Case Study: Queensland’s First BTR Project, The Smith Collective Commonwealth Games 1251-apartment Village At Gold Coast
- Learning Lessons From How Purpose Built Student Accommodation (PBSA) Has Taken Off In Australia And Implications For BTR Sector
- Urban Land Institute: Design Thinking And Designing For BTR
- Towards Affordable Housing: View From The Queensland’s Government $70 Million Build To Rent Pilot Project
- Investing In Student Accommodation BTR Projects In Australia And New Zealand: New Opportunities And Projects
POST-FORUM WORKSHOP & SITE TOUR: 8 OCTOBER 2021
- Post-conference Workshop: Tax Planning, Legal Structuring & Funding For BTR
- Site Tour: Visit To A Prefabricated Construction Project In Victoria
Unique To This Inaugural Forum
POST-FORUM WORKSHOP & SITE TOUR: FRIDAY, 8 OCTOBER 2021
Workshop: Tax Planning, Legal Structuring & Funding For BTR
This workshop aims to provide participants with a good understanding of the current practices relating to tax planning for BTR project. Participants will learn the key tax issues and legal structure to obtain funding for BTR projects.
Site Tour: Visit To A Prefabricated Construction Project In Victoria
In this site tour, the delegates will have a glimpse of the Melbourne Burwood Campus facility of Deakin Residential Services accommodation. Bordered by picturesque parkland, the accommodation at our Melbourne Burwood Campus is home to 1175 students. With a great mix of state-of-the-art contemporary student housing and traditional village living, students in Burwood enjoy a unique Melbourne lifestyle.
Chief Executive Officer
Managing Director & Global Head of Real Estate
Executive Director and Founder
Property Economics Consultant
Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills
Sentinel Real Estate Corporation
Director Client Services/Marketing
Sentinel Real Estate Corporation
Director, Operational Capital Markets
Savills Australia & New Zealand
National Partnerships Manager
Homes for Homes
Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Director, Alternative Investments – Australia
Chief Executive Officer
Acting Deputy Chief Executive Urban Development Delivery
Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities