About The Summit
Climate change is now affecting every country on every continent. It is disrupting national economies and affecting lives, costing people, communities and countries dearly today and even more tomorrow. Climate change and sustainability and its environmental, social and economic impact continue to rise up the agendas of governments and organizations around the world.
The UN Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges, humanity face, including those related to climate action, environmental degradation, prosperity, poverty alleviation, affordable and clean energy. Many global companies are using these as framework to guide their sustainability strategies. Today’s global waste and recycling industries are valued at USD265.65 billion.
In recent years, the concept of “circular economy” has taken a huge following. A circular economy is an alternative to a traditional linear economy in which resources in use are kept for as long as possible, extracting the maximum value from them whilst in use, then recovering and reusing products and materials.
The focus of the circular economy extends beyond issues related to material management and covers other aspects, including energy efficiency and conservation, land management, soil protection and water.
Understanding your need to stay ahead of the technology curve and prepare your organization for successful transformation, transition and implementation, Clariden Global cordially invites you to the GLOBAL SUSTAINABILITY DEVELOPMENT AND CIRCULAR ECONOMY INNOVATIONS SUMMIT: #Sustainability and #ZeroWaste in A Carbon Neutral World this coming September 2019 at Melbourne, Australia.
Throughout the 2 days of thought leadership content-filled event, there will be plenty of opportunities for networking and experience sharing. You can maximize your forum experience by attending the keynote sessions, panel discussions, interactive roundtables and site tours providing actionable takeaways to bring back to the office. You will also acquire insights, solutions and strategies that governments and organizations across the globe that have successfully implemented circular economy innovations.
Why You Must Join Us At This Summit
4 Key Takeaways From Attending The Summit
- Learn from the best practices and exemplar case studies of companies and organisations that have successfully implemented circular economy innovations.
- Redesign your corporation and products to repurpose waste through innovative product design, resource utilisation, waste transformations into renewed products
- Enjoy unrivalled networking opportunities to share best practices, form profitable partnerships, meet new customers and peers in the new circular economy
- Meet pioneers in the Circular Economy and Benefit from one of the very few conferences in Australia dedicated to commercializing opportunities arising from the Circular Economy
The Summit At A Glance
MAIN SUMMIT DAY 1: 18 SEPTEMBER 2019
- Keynote Session: The UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development – Transforming our world with sustainable impact and innovations
- Case Study: Fighting Single Use Plastic – How Globelet track all plastics to end waste
- Case Study: Sustainable innovations and the circular economy in the aviation sector
- Lessons on laying the first building blocks of a Circular Economy: Australia’s first Circular Economy pilot project
MAIN SUMMIT DAY 2: 19 SEPTEMBER 2019
- Circular Business Model Design – How sustainability and eco-innovations can boost the bottomline
- Sustainability in managing e-waste with the world’s first electronic wast microfactory
- Providing clean water and sanitation with waterless composite toilet
- Recycling One Billion Takeaway Coffee Cups in Australia: Sustainable Packaging Best Practice
- Government grants and incentives for driving Australia’s commitment to sustainable practices and innovations in the circular economy
Unique To This Year's Event
POST – SUMMIT SUSTAINABILITY INNOVATIONS SITE TOURS: 20 SEPTEMBER 2019
Site Tour A: Circular Economy and Environmental Sustainable Projects
In this post summit site tour, you will have the chance to discover how innovative organizations are using sustainable practices to improve their products. Lego, for example, will be producing their iconic products made with sustainable botanical elements sourced from sugar cane instead of plastics to transform their sustainability practices. This site tour will bring you to the inner hearts of companies that’s driving sustainable innovations and best practices.
Site Tour B: Low Carbon Living: Reducing Construction Wastes and Improving Sustainability with Circular Economy Modular Building
The construction industry is one of the most adversely impacting single industries in the world in terms of both waste production and greenhouse gas emissions. In Australia alone, construction and demolition waste represents about 40 per cent of its yearly waste production. This site tour will show you how innovative construction companies are creating new resources out of waste, reduce materials used, and design for reusability and recyclability.
Site Tour C: Sustainable Packaging Site Tour
In 40 years of plastic history only 14% of global plastic packaging was recycled. All the rest worth 120 billion is lost after only one single use. And nearly ⅓ of all plastic packaging leaks into eco-system where it can stay around for 100’s of years. By 2050 this means there could be more plastic than fish in the sea. Technology in the next 5 years will transform how packaging is used. This site tour will show you Australia’s leading innovations in sustainable packaging and how they are using these innovative materials to reduce waste, improve recyclability.
Director, Packaging Development Asia Pacific
Co-Founder and CEO
Co-Founder and COO
Chair, Farm Forest Growers & Consultant
World Bioenergy Association
Business Council for Sustainable Development Australia (Sydney)
CRC for Low Carbon Living
The Last Straw Australia
Institute for the Development of Environmental-Economic Accounting (IDEEA Group)
Director Safety, Quality & Sustainability
Chief Executive Officer
Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation
ARC Laureate Fellow / Director
ARC Green Manufacturing Research Hub / Centre for Sustainable Materials Research & Technology
Founder and Executive Director
Circular Economy Alliance Australia (CEAA)
Global Urban Forest
Director ,Biofuel & Hydroge, Investment
Department of State Development(DSD)
Climate Change & Sustainability | Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
Planet Ark Environmental Foundation
Head of Corporate Responsibility Community Relations Team, Chief Customer Officer
Business Council for Sustainable Development Australia (BCSD Australia)